Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 8, 2010, 6:29 PM   #1
Default Some photos in JPEG others in Raw2, what gives?

So I got my FZ35 finally. My friends came over for vacation so we went out and over the weekend filled up an 8 gig card with about 700 photos. I uploaded these pics into my PC and now I find that some of my photos are in JPEG and others in RAW format. Why is this? Do I need to go individually into each "mode" and tell it to shoot in "raw" for it? That seems like a pain in the butt to do for so many modes. Shouldn't there be one general setting for these things?
Joe_the_Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:57 PM   #2

Check your shooting options you may have raw & jpeg enabled....I've done that as well...lol
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:07 PM   #3

If you have RAW+JPEG enabled, then you should get a duplicate of every single photo. However, there is another option for deletion. If you have that set to say RAW only, then every time you delete a photo in-camera, only the RAW file will be deleted. The JPEG version remains in the card. Now, if you do not have any of these options enabled, then you should not get any RAW images at all and if you do, then something is not right with the camera.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote