Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:02 AM   #1
Default Panasonic TZ10 firmware on ZS7 Camera, Possible?

Hi everyone, first post from me in Thailand. Thanks for any help forthcoming.

I have bought a Panasonic ZS-7 which I believe originated in the USA, as a result it only has Eng/Spanish language and only has NSTC output. (U.S. citizens deprived as usual in the name of free markets?).

I would like to add Thai language and if possible PAL video output. Could this be achieved by firmware update?

Could I for example load it with TZ10 firmware update ? Might this have the desired effect as TZ10 cameras are supposed to have many language options and world video facility unlike the U.S. version.

I have searched Google to no avail.

Again thanks in advance for any tips.
spacebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:45 PM   #2

Usually the model # is embedded in the f/w code and usually a check is performed to verify whether they match or not. Even though the TZ10 is the same camera as the ZS7, I don't believe you'll be able to load a TZ10 f/w into the ZS7. The danger is that you might end up corrupting the ZS7 f/w and make it stop working. Then you'll have to send it to Panasonic as you can't regress f/w upgrades,.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:01 PM   #3
Super Moderator

sawatdee krub spacebass.

i think that tulio is correct in that it most likely would end with a corrupted camera. there were also some regional differences in the video length in some of these cameras. they surely would have prevented a simple firmware workaround for these restrictions.

it appears your English is quite good from your post, and more than good enough to operate your camera.

also you can use a software conversion package to convert from NTSC to PAL, and then burn to DVD etc to view on your PAL television if that was your intentions.
example - http://www.deskshare.com/media-converter.aspx -but there are many i just took the 1st one from google.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote