Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:37 AM   #1
Default FZ35 trade up???

Hi all; I'm in desperate need of advice. I'm headed to Europe next month for a 3 week vacation. Needed a new camera and didn't know when the FZ40/100 would be coming out, so I got the FZ35. Now that the 40/100 have come out I can't decide whether to send the fz35 back (I've got a few more days before my 30-day window is up) and go with either the fz40 or fz100. To say I'm experiencing analysis paralasis would be an understatment.
I really appreciate all of the information that this forum puts forth and will make my decision (once and for all) based on what you have to say.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Whidbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I'm not an expert on the options as I've only read the posts going backwards and forwards on the cameras, however I've just pinged a pm to LTZ470 who does have the cameras and has been doing a lot of testing to help you make the decision (hopefully).
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:16 PM   #3

The FZ35 will be excellent for the trip Whidbey...the FZ40/100 will come down in price, and the FZ35, once the stock diminishes will more than likely get more expensive as the FZ50 has done...so I would prize my FZ35 and the photos it produces are great...there are certain situations where it will do better then the FZ40/100...they are all very good cameras, but the FZ35 is hands down the best bang for your money on the market now...the FZ35 is also more user friendly and consistent...

Last edited by LTZ470; Sep 14, 2010 at 6:00 PM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:51 PM   #4

I second LT's advice - you should get good pictures from the FZ35!

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:12 PM   #5

Thank you for your advice. I'll keep it!
Whidbey is offline   Reply With Quote