Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:28 PM   #11

Here are some low light shots I've taken with my fz35/38...

FZ35 low light shots outdoors
anthony_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:41 PM   #12

They're very nice shots

The reason I am twitchy is because the FZ38 wasn't packaged very well by the company that posted it (or indeed at all, other than its normal box stuffed into a thin plastic bag), and the box had clear dent marks. It made me nervous that the camera might have been damaged. Buying a camera is a big deal for me – they are expensive, so I can’t simply change them like my shoes, and this makes me nervous about ensuring I pick the “right one” for me. I don’t have anything to “compare” the cameras to and set expectations, as my previous one is ancient as the hills and nothing like a superzoom. I want to ensure I’m assessing the cameras on their merits, and therefore wanted to ensure that what I was seeing was normal and not a fault (given the packing issues). Its not that I'm expecting the earth from the camera.
Samble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:53 PM   #13

Your FZ38 should have no trouble getting similar PIXes. Actively lit Halloween outdoor displays will be in season very soon. (Actually, Ive found that these types of PIXes are easy.)
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote