Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 30, 2010, 2:30 PM   #11

Here are some other HDR photos which I made today by using Photomatix.

I also used Topaz Adjust/De Noise and Nik Color Efex Pro 3.

All the shots are taken: "Hand-held."

I am still a newbie. I'm waiting for your valuable comments.

Also wonder why the right part of the sky in the pic #7 is white. Does anybody have an opinion?

Last edited by devotee; Oct 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM.
devotee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:18 PM   #12

I think you have a great start with HDR, #2 and #9 are my favourites, but it's a process you know, you have to do trial and error....to reach the results you are looking for.
I have to insist on desaturate the colours (no more than 55) to get a more real look and reduce the strenght near 55% and the smoothing somewhere between 0 and 10 to prevent halos (visible around the top of the tree in #1)
Of course the use of a tripod will help you A LOT as I see alignment problems and also to get more sharpness in the final result and to get more exposures to cover the whole range of light ( i normally use 7 exp from -3EV to +3 EV)
As for the sky issue, i think this could be happened because more exposures was needed to get the highlights, (perhaps a -2 or -3 EV was needed) so the software has "no information" resulting in a blown highlight zone

Last edited by Edufloyd; Oct 31, 2010 at 1:22 PM.
Edufloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:14 AM   #13

Great first attempts. Most of us tend to overcook when using the software, but that is a personal preference. I would use a tripod as better results will be achieved.
Irishrover63 is offline   Reply With Quote