Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 5, 2010, 7:56 AM   #11

condolences to you and the whole family..A good person is very Rare to find..even God is also finding it difficult to have..thats why he took him away..its really sad to lose that is close to the heart..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:30 AM   #12

Thanks all for those nice comments.
I too was homeless for almost a year and this man was a bright moment in my day as he would always ask how I was doing and also saying..Hey bro' things will get better cuz we can go nowhere but up from here just have some faith. We stayed in the same mission together and grew together but the alcohol dominated his life unfortunately and although he didn't have a violent bone in his body, an act of violence took him . The one thing I learned about being homeless is it doesn't have a face, it could be you or it could be anyone and one cant say, oh Ill never be homeless as this is what I said as well. I did well at that mission and was respected and ran the house cleaning operations for some time and it housed some 175 men and served on average 500 meals a day and my point is that Ive seen many faces and one might be surprised at WHO is homeless or who needs to be fed. While at dinner time doing security I was at times teary eyed at what I saw, children and everyday people just hungry. I for one will never take certain things for granted any longer as it could all be gone in a flash.
Thanks for listening to a little bit of what inspired this photo of my friend Doug.
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 5:59 PM   #13

Sorry to hear of the loss of your good friend. Very sad situation indeed. My thoughts are with you.

Coongoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:34 PM   #14

Really sorry wag...just lost a close friend to cancer...our time is short here Clint...life is fragile...

My sincere sympathy to the family and yourself...when people like this die it makes this Earth a little bit less special, because they are the ones that make it special to be here...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:30 PM   #15

What a shame! I can only imagine how difficult it must be for his family and those who knew him to accept such a sudden loss. Your picture is a wonderful tribute and I'm sure it will have a special place with his immediate family. Well done!

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:27 AM   #16

Wagaboo, thank you for sharing your very personal story. It reminds us to appreciate and cherish what we have.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote