Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:40 AM   #1
Default eye-fi storage cards / fz38 compatibility

Does any body knows if any eye-fi card is compatible with Panasonic fz38? What might be the drawbacks?That would be very conviniente.alexander
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:46 AM   #2

I've been looking into these as well and see no reason why they might not work (YET)
Here's an amazon link
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:07 AM   #3

As long as you buy from Amazon (make sure it's sold by Amazon and not by a third party vendor), you're OK. If it does not work, return it for a full refund.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:54 AM   #4

Chances are, it would work OK.

But, there are some known issues with some cameras (for example, some Panasonic models have static in the audio when shooting video with one).

I was reading a forum post just this morning about very long startup delays using one in a Sony A55, with their customer service saying that the issue was the way the camera's firmware was initializing the card.

I've also seem reports of cameras that were unable to record videos for more than a few seconds using them; and there are known problems with the way some cameras reduce power to the SDHC slot when not taking photos (preventing the cards from connnecting and uploading photos in the background).

They don't have the FZ35/38 models in their Panasonic compatiblity list yet. See here:

But, given that some of the other newer Panasonic models appear to work fine wiith them, I doubt you'd have any problems.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:22 PM   #5

I contacted Eye-Fi Customer Care and received this answer:

" Jack, Nov 11 07:02 (PST):
Hello Alexander,
Thank you for contacting Eye-Fi Customer Care. We have not yet tested the FZ38 and are therefore unable to confirm if it is compatible. However, based on the specifications of the camera it should work with both our full range of X2 cards (http://uk.eye.fi/products/compare-cards).
If you encounter any problems please let us know and we will do our best to help you.
Please feel free to contact us again if you have questions or would like further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jack "
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote