Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 27, 2010, 8:45 PM   #1
Default FZ-100 Macro question

Hi All

I have a question about macro photo's it seems my FZ-100 has a hard time focusing in macro mode. If I zoom all the way in on the subject I can't always get the camera to focus using the AFmacro mode on the lens. I don't know if I am too close,or not enough light, all my trials have been indoors since the weather is bad. There isn't any flowers or bugs to shoot so i haven't had a lot to practice on. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Will macro mode work with the extended zoom?

popellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:25 PM   #2

Did you try Spot AF by reducing the AF Box?...You can also increase it too...

Can you move the camera closer without zooming so the Aperture is wide open at 2,8?
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:52 AM   #3

I have an FZ35 but I'm assuming they work in the same way. There is a fine balance between zoom, distance to subject and available light. You either need to zoom out or move back if you can't focus.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:17 AM   #4

My experience with FZ28 (I think it will hold good for FZ35/40/100 as far as macro is concerned) tells me that you cannot get good focus if you zoom more than 3x for close range, say less than one foot from the object. In fact, for very short distance, even 2x may not focus. You can zoom all the way in telemacro mode - when you are at least one meter away from the subject, you can set the dial on macro mode and zoom all the way.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote