Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:59 PM   #1
Default Intro and warning

I just ordered my FZ35.

Gotta warn you that this forum may get slightly more annoying in about a week when it arrives. LOL

I'm Lori, a complete newbie ignoramous. I will be praying for patience for all of you, in preparation for when my camera arrives.

I just love all the shots you guys are taking, with all sorts of cameras. I am sure i'm going to learn much from you, and can't wait to add some of my own.
Mallorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:08 PM   #2

Congratulations on your purchase. Most of us here started as newbies, so don't be shy and ask away. First thing I recommend you do is read the Advanced Manual all the way through (your camera will come with a Basic and an Advanced Users Manual). Then start with the full auto mode (iA) until you are familiar with the camera before you try other settings. You can look through this forum and look for photos you like, then ask the author for camera settings.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:19 PM   #3

Welcome Lorie! Glad you got your FZ35 on the way...we are all still learning and that is what's fun abour photography...you never stop learning or trying to get better photos...ask away, that's how we learned also...
FZ35 Manual:
Additional FZ35 Pointers: (The FZ35 is called aFZ38 in Europe)

Last edited by LTZ470; Nov 29, 2010 at 12:53 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:43 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum Mallorie. You can get plenty of "pointers" for your P&S Fz35 here.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:49 AM   #5

I just ordered my FZ-35 from Amazon on Black Friday. Same situation with me, I am also a newbie. Will be closely following this thread to find my way...as I start using the FZ-35.

Thanks in advance for all your advise, guidance and patience.

Manikanda is offline   Reply With Quote