Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:55 AM   #1
Default A video editing question

Hi folks,

I realize most members are basically still photo shooters but I hope there is someone who uses their video capabilities and knows of a fairly simple editing program.

I use the FZ100, FZ35, and ZS7. These cameras also take great video clips. I use the video a lot in the field to describe what is happening with the dogs, where I am, what the weather is etc. Until now, I have posted these little videos on You Tube, primarily for friends who are now too old to take the field but still like to see bird dogs working. My family humors me by saying they enjoy them also.

I shoot in AVCHD Lite. Wading through all the programs available is a bit confusing for me.

Does anyone know of a SIMPLE video editing program that will handle AVCHD Lite without a lot of converting or sizing. I don't want to create masterpieces but I would like to be able to combine stills and videos on a DVD, maybe add titles, but nothing elaborate.

All suggestions appreciated,......a belated Happy New Year to everyone.

Valley Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2011, 8:04 AM   #2

Hi, Jack-
Have you read through the thread in this forum that's posted at the top as a "sticky" titled "The AVCHD thread for Panasonic cameras" ?? 7 pages of discussion there... you might find something there.

Last edited by Wes James; Jan 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM.
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:47 AM   #3

My husband uses this app. No sure if this is what you are looking for, but may be worth checking out. There's a free trial version.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote