Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:53 AM   #1
Default ZS7 stabilizer ?

What mode do you use most often and is there much of a difference between the 3 modes ?

Last edited by rebs; Jan 27, 2011 at 5:59 AM.
rebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:16 AM   #2

Bob I use Mode 2 as the stabiliser starts as soon as you half press the shutter and get AF Focus at the same time...I keep Qaf on also not Caf...the camera will automatically revert to Mode 1 if you start recording video as that is the panning mode for stabilisation...Auto I am sure works OK but I even leave it in Mode 2 when on the Tripod and it hasn't affected anything that I can tell...

Bob one thing that folks don't reallize about these newer higher Mega Pixel (Mp) cameras is that technique is critical for good photos...a breathing technique of taking a couple of breaths and then on exhale of the last breath half pres for stabilisation and focus then without moving/shaking the camera fully depress the shutter and wait for 1-2 seconds then release for sharp in focus photos...

Camera shake causes blurry out of focus looking photos but it also causes extra noise in these small sensor cameras exaggerating the poor photo quality...all of this just from poor technique/camera movement...

Last edited by LTZ470; Jan 27, 2011 at 8:55 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote