Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:48 AM   #1
Default FZ35 - Deer with broken leg

I took these three pictures this morning shortly after 8. This is a doe that was limping severely in the field across the road. Her one leg is at an awkward position. I took the photos in Intelligent Auto mode through a storm door window. One photo in 12MP with full zoom and the other two are 3MP EZ. If you look closely you can see what might be a wound in the leg. Probably the result of some hunter's poor aim.

JayC_783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:40 AM   #2

Jay Nice start with the new camera. The deer might not have a broken leg. I see deer limp for awhile then come back fine.

jjdog2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:50 AM   #3

Oh, so sad. Probably won't live very long in the wild like that. Although they can be very resilient. We had a tiny fawn with a severely broken leg near my work place. We called animal control to try to get him help, but they said that the trauma of trying to capture them will surely kill him. It managed to survive, mom and other family always close by to help, and it eventually mended, albeit in a odd shape, looked like he had 2 knees.
saly is offline   Reply With Quote