Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:13 AM   #11

Originally Posted by chirantha View Post
Even I am Planing to By my first DSLR.
My advice is don't buy a "cheap entry level" DSLR, cos after couple of months you will want to move to a better one.
I have searched for DSLRs for over three months and made my conclusion. I'm gonna buy a "Canon 7d". Canon 7d is one of the best semi pro cameras in the market. Even though it is bit more expensive, I rather wait and save money for it than buying a cheap one and worrying of selling it after two three months...

Once u buy a good camera body u can build ur lens collection depending ur requirements...

Check the following website, it will help u a lot to make a decision...
I have to say that I've bought the Canon T2I/550d and it is by far NOT a cheap entry level cam and has one of the top reviews in its class and would surely recommend this dslr and its low light is excellent and also has 1080p hd recording which is a bonus and if you are just getting into dslr's I can assure you that you wont buy another cam in 3 months !
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:44 AM   #12
Location: far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Hi All,

In most of the reviews the Pentax K-5 is the best camera, even compared to the Canon 7D

and the T2I/550d:

Also dpreview rated the Pentax K-5 very high:

For this, I will buy the Pentax K-5 together, when I find one, the Tamron DA 18-250

Protect the beauty and diversity of nature

StefanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2011, 1:11 PM   #13

The K-5 is a good general photography camera. But you may run into lens issues. As there is not that many lenses that will be suited for wildlife. So if you do not mind that, it is a fine camera. But the 18-250 HSM will most likely be to short for wildlife. You may want to consider the sigma 50-500. Especially if you are considering shooting birds.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.

Last edited by shoturtle; Apr 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote