Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:06 PM   #1
Default FZ35 vs. A-10 Warthog

I was outside today when I heard a jet noise. Being in the Thumb of MI we are right under the flight path for Selfridge AFB. It is not uncommon for military aircraft to be flying around. I love it when they show up! I wasn't expecting it today. I noticed this A-10 flyin around takin it easy.

I went inside to grab my camera. I tried to find it with the LCD screen and was unsuccessful. After a few colorful words of frustration I took the camera back in. A little bit later the A-10 showed up again. I went back inside to get my camera. While inside I put the lens hood on as it was rather sunny out. I decided to try with the EVF, and I had much better results finding and tracking the A-10.

The first three photos were taken in P mode. I had spot metering, 1-Area high speed AF and ISO 80. For the remaining shots I used the outdoor sports setting. All the pictures are crops of the 12MP photo. I realize now I probably should have used a smaller MP like 5 or so. Until next time, I guess.

This A-10 wasn't flying too low (probably 3000 ft. or so). They have been known to fly over the house only a few hundred feet off the ground. The cats absolutely HATE it when they do that! You gotta appreciate the noise those engines make. I absolutely love it!

JayC_783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:40 PM   #2

JayC - Very good shots of a very difficult subject to capture. Love your story behind the shot!!!

jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:44 AM   #3

Good job and nothing like that kind of power ripping your ears out...I love that sound as well
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote