Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 3, 2011, 6:24 AM   #11

Roger53,I face the same problem as you : "missing focus point with object sticking in mid-air". While I get excelent results in "flat" close-up compositions, when something is rising up I get disaster... I had my camera checked under guarranty, they said that it works well, under factories specifications. But I am not satisfied with this answer...a.
panasonic fz38, no lenses so far...
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 8:28 AM   #12

kibris, I keep working with the same subject matter and settings, attempting to find a "fail safe" procedure. I don't think I've found one. I believe that Area-1 Focus works better than Spot Focus. But, some shots are not focused right, others are done pretty well.

I am often using Exposure Bracketing, so I get three shots. After I take a series, I go to reviewing them. Using the Tele lever, the playback image is enlarged. I can immediately see if the shot was in focus, or not. I might repeat the shot with better results, or maybe just the same.

I have upped ISO to 400. Yesterday, I shot more ferns/fiddle heads. Again, light was not very good. Our weather has been heavy overcast, or rain, so I've had to deal with low light conditions. But, it is the only time I have to make shots.

Here is another set from yesterday.
Attached Images
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote