Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 19, 2011, 9:10 PM   #1
Default FZ35 - robin's nest, update #1

I posted a thread a few days ago. I had found two nests.

FZ35 - robin's nest

The first one had two eggs, then none. The eggs were stolen. I checked on this nest earlier this week. It has no eggs, is abandoned, and actually torn apart to some extent. Most likely, it will not be home to any eggs this season.

The second nest has two images, the first with three eggs, the next shots were a few days later, with four eggs.

I checked on #2 nest on Saturday -- nothing but four bright blue eggs. I checked it today, ... and, we have a favorable outcome! Three of the four eggs are hatched. When? Obviously I don't know for sure, but expect a day or two ago.

Here are four shots of the nest as of today. The fourth image is a crop of an image not among the other three.

I had several images that were not focused very well, hence discards. I was using spot focus, with AF Macro. Perhaps I should have used a different setting for the focus, Area(1), or the 11 part. Does anybody have a suggestion. Or, maybe I was too anxious to get the shot, and did not allow enough time for the camera to focus. I did an examination of some of those not quite sharp. The focus appears sharp at the back of the nest, not on the birds.
Attached Images
roger53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2011, 10:41 PM   #2

Amazing shots. I have enjoyed your observations of the laying/hatching process. Well done Roger.
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote