Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:00 PM   #1
Default Pictures going blank on camera

This is my first post on Steve's Digicams. We own a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH2 camera, and are very satisfied with the camera.

But the last week or so we have started having a problem. We sometimes take pictures with the camera, and a little later, the picture file goes completely blank and there is no picture there (file empty), and the camera says that the file cannot be deleted. The files are not locked. They are blank on download to PC (0kg for file size). The picture downloader keeps downloading them when we download other pictures to PC. Cannot delete them from camera.

It appears to be random. Does anyone have any ideas about this or any suggestions of what to do? Could it be the camera or the memory card. (using an 8GB Transcend class 6 memory card).

Thanks for any help.

JACRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:36 PM   #2

I think that it is more likely to be the memory card, especially if you have taken a lot of pictures on it.
I would try another card, formatted by the camera.
If the problem disappears, you could try reformatting your problematic card on your camera and see if it becomes stable again.
Dabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Default Thank you

Thanks for responding so soon. I thought it might be the memory card. It didn't seem to sound like a camera problem. Just haven't seen that kind of thing on any of my cameras before.

I have to now talk my wife into trying reformating the card. She likes to keep pictures on the camera so she can show them to family and friends. I will give it a try. Thanks.
JACRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 4:02 PM   #4

I also think it's a problem with your card. And a possible answer to your other problem of wife wanting to keep all pictures on the camera to show friends. Burn several cd's or DVD-R+W's, and tell your wife to give copies to her friends. Another tip, After I upload my pics to my computer, I use the camera's feature to format my memory card, you would be surprised how much data is still on your card after you normally delete the pics from your camera......J4c
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.......Cicero
cameras owned and used FujiFilm S2000HD, FujiFilm HS20EXR
just4clix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:55 PM   #5

If you can try another card, even a small capacity one like 16mb, format it in the camera and take a couple of pictures.

If your pictures are ok, then it proves there is a problem with your card

You might be lucky and be able to use a picture recovery program (do an internet search and many will be found) and be able to save all your old pictures to your computer before re-formatting the card in the camera.
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote