Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:45 PM   #1
Default Help: Black dot on FZ10 LCD!

I got FZ10 last December and love it. However, a black dot showed up on the LCD screen a few days ago and stays there every time I turned on the LCD. It is at the lower left corner and was not there before. The camera has been taken care of more carefully than a new born baby. The pictures and EVF were not affected. The yellow notice card came with the camera specifically saying that "this is not a malfunction and does not affect the recorded pictures". Though not happy with this early surprise, I can live with it as long as the pictures will not be affected. What bothers me most is that the black dot on the screen is almost at the exact same position where one of the three black dots shown on the yellow notice card. On that, there are total 3 black dots and 1 spot always lit scattered on the LCD. Although it maybe just a random generated diagram and this is just a coincidence (which I hope), I am still worry that they might eventually all show up! That would be really annoying! My Canon S100 which I bought a year ago never has similar problem though it was treated with much less care and even was dropped on the floor once. Since I bought this camera from ritzcamera.com and also the ten-day period has long passed, I could not go to a ritzcamera store asking for exchange. Anyone has similar situation? Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Padanaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:03 AM   #2

Go here: http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ghlight=#91137
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote