Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Default Is my setup enough for my Florida holiday

I'm off to Florida for Disney parks for 1st time ever with the family in the summer. I like to take pitures and video, but am just a point and click auto setting guy.

I have a iMac and use iPhoto 11 and iMovie 11 put them in there for Faces, Places etc and organising.

So I have a Panasonic TZ7 Digi Cam which records in AVCHD lite for movies, and a Kodak Playsport that I bought last year for underwater (to 3M).

I bought the TZ7 about 18months ago on reviews etc and the fact it recorded in HD video with optical zoom to 12x, ie I wanted an all-in-one camera, which is good enough for what I use. This was my 1st HD camera anyway.

I only really record family stuff, holidays, parties etc anyway. Most I record video is when away in the summer for the 2 weeks. I am a total P&S guy, set it on iA and let it do the business. Apart from scene mode for panaroma that's about it.

So will my TZ7 and Kodak (thinking of the waterparks for this, as waterproof), be good enough to record my one in a lifetime trip? I have already got 1 spare battery for my TZ7 ( as using it with zoom it desnt last a day trip really), and think I may get another spare. I also have quite a few 8Gb SD cards, but again might buy another one in case.

Any help tips etc on what to do gratefully accepted, I know the TZ20 is out now, with in built GPS, better zoom, Full HD, and wonder if this might be better to get, and sell my TZ7 maybe sell TZ7 for 130, 30 cashback from Panasonic on TZ20, and TZ20 is 266 about 100-130 cost to upgrade. Or even the Sony Hx9V, although how I would get this past the wife I dont know, as "we have a camera that works"

MrMister111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:14 AM   #2

Any comments?
MrMister111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:07 PM   #3

its upto you if you want those stat upgrades, photo quality will remain same i suppose.

but 16x zoom on a little cam like that seems handy.
flyhigh is offline   Reply With Quote