Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 15, 2011, 7:36 PM   #1
Default Converter question

I got my converter today, put it together and noticed that when it's not at 3.7ft its black and then shows a little circle showing the object until it's zoomed out to 3.7 feet then the ev/viewfinder shows the whole picture?

Is this normal when it's not completely zoomed to at least 3.7 feet? This is for the Fz35 and Oly Telecon_17....

I haven't taken any pictures yet.. might head to the lake tomorrow morning before work with it... to test it out or just wait till Sunday when it's warmer out. Its suppose to get down into the low 40's tonight and scattered frost in the morning..
beli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:20 PM   #2

Hi Beli, good to hear the converter has arrived

Yes that effect is normal, and is called vignetting.

If you go into the main menu, look for the 'Converter' setting, there is an option for close-up lens and an option for the teleconverter, set it to this. This forces the camera to zoom out enough to get rid of the dark corners, it's designed for the Panasonic teleconverter so might not remove all the cut-off from your Olympus.

I also found out that that setting either of these converter options dissables the flash

Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:47 PM   #3

Thanks.. I noticed the setting a long time ago when I first got the camera so I knew about that.. didn't know about the flash part of it tho. I just wasn't sure about the circle thing it looks like I'm looking through a tunnel lol. I was wondering why my night pictures were all of a sudden looking like day pictures and it turns out that I the af assist lamp turned ON. I may head out down to the lake later next week to do some more night testing with it turned off to see if that helps. I ended up having to use the programed night settings to get some decent moon shots as I was getting frustrated, and it was getting late last time I went down. Plus I didn't realize what Af assit lamp was until I started researching a bit online earlier this week after I had already gotten home. I haven't used that in almost a year of having the camera lol. I"m still editing pics from when I went down last weekend.. should have some of em up this weekend.

Hoping to get down for some sunrise pics on Sunday but they're calling for 50% chance of rain I'll have to wait and see when it is suppose to hit.
beli is offline   Reply With Quote