Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:48 PM   #11

I really meant to say shot #1 and #3, sorry for confusing you

Originally Posted by Square one View Post
If you compare the first two shots, it's amazing how the photo pops with the slight amount of sunshine in #1.

Another great series LTZ
Square one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:32 AM   #12

Great outdoor, action shots! So noiseless! The colours have come so well too. Need to look at FZ150.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:17 AM   #13

I may be asking a dumb question but surprised ...

How Fz150 maintains such excellent image quality with a 12.8 MP, 1/2.3" CMOS sensor ?

If mega pixels, sensor size and CCD vs CMOS matters then, technically my old Sony DSC-W5 (5.1 MP, 1/1.8" CCD sensor) should produce better outdoor images than this, but I doubt it is. Please help me to understand the physics here.

Last edited by CrazyTechie; Oct 28, 2011 at 7:21 AM.
CrazyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:41 AM   #14

CrazyTechie - I'll let an engineer discuss the technical details. But, it's really no different than any other technology driven market with a LOT of participation and competition: each generation of camera/sensor improves upon the technology - new methods are used, new processors speed up processing, allowing more work to be done. Look at smartphones and that technology vs. basic cell phones. Digital imaging is still in a boom phase.

The lesson here is: you really need to take quality decisions on a case-by-case basis. You can't hang your hat on hard rules. The technology is too complicated and competition too fierce to think that the "rules" for quality buying decisions in one year are going to be the same 3 years later.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote