Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Closed Thread
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:13 PM   #1
Default Wildlife: FZ40 in Yellowstone & Grand Teton

I picked up my FZ40 about 2 weeks before going on a 7 day trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, thanks to the great reviews on this message board and others. I had been considering a Pentax K-X or K-R, but was pleased to end up with the FZ40 instead of a bulky DSLR with multiple lenses, for more than twice the price. My sister did great with her Nikon D40, but was constantly switching lenses and unable to shoot some of the very-far-away wildlife I captured. For animal and landscape shots on hikes and at the spur of the moment driving through the park, I don't think there's a better camera than a superzoom like the FZ40.

Here are some of the shots I ended up with. I'm definitely an amateur photographer--this is my first decent digital camera--so comments and critiques are welcome. Also, hope I'm not breaking some site protocol by posting a bunch of pics in a single thread.

These are the wildlife pics; no post processing, all hand held. Bear shots are (THANKFULLY) at full, 24x zoom. Next time I go, I'm bringing a teleconverter. I'll post a separate thread for landscapes. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Sponsored Links
Closed Thread