Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:22 AM   #1
Default Panasonic ZS10, Questions for users,...

Hi Folks,

Costco has the ZS10 at a great price and I'm thinking of buying one. I have a lot of cameras but my field camera is a ZS7. It fits in my shirt pocket and I can get shots of my dogs in action etc. I use the low resolution (3mp) high speed burst for retrieving shots. So, my interest in the ZS10 is the 10fps full resolution burst shooting and the full HD video recording.

Reading professional reviews, it seems the image quality is not as good as the ZS7. So, the question is, how do you actual users find the IQ to be. Is it as bad as the pros say or are they pixel peeping? I'll be using the camera outside in pretty good light. I have no interest in low light shooting.

Since I nearly always wear gloves when using these cameras, I'd like to know if it's possible to turn the touchscreen feature off in the menu. I will be inadvertently touching the screen and changing the focus!

The features of the ZS10 are really appealing but if the IQ is weak, or the touchscreen can't be turned off, it wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for any input!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:30 PM   #2

Don't think we have many people posting that use the ZS10, hopefully some one can give some input.

Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote