Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:20 AM   #1
Default Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS5 - not working with NiMH AA batteries

One issue I am having with my new LS5 camera is that it is only working with standard non re-chargeable Alkaline batteries and not with any of my NiMH rechargeable batteries. I have tried all 5-6 sets I have from various brands including Duracell and Energizer after charging fully as well. Measured voltage also and all if fine with batteries. I have report this issue to Panasonic support through an email and waiting for their response. I have not seen any one other reporting the issue yet online so may be a problem with specific unit. Any thoughts or similar experiences with this model or any other camera that uses AA batteries. In past I have used many models of Canon A series and also Kodaks that used AA batteries but never had this type of issue.
neerajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:58 PM   #2

G'day js

Sounds a very odd one - whichever way it goes, pl tell us the outcome
I have one camera body where the menu asks what type of AA batteries I am using 'standard, alkaline, NiMh' and needs to be set so that the camera can provide accurate info regarding battery life > maybe something like this is buried deep in the setup part of the LS5 menus?

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote