Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Default 2800 mile Road Trip along the Pacific Coast with the FZ47

We just returned from a 6 day 2800 mile drive from Utah to Seattle then through the Redwoods to San Francisco and back and managed to get some shots with the FZ47! Could have spent a week just shooting Barns and rustic shots from Seattle to Portland but being under a time constraint was not able to shoot there at all. Perhaps another time!
Hope you like at least a few of the shots:
outofline99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:50 PM   #2

You have some really beautiful shots there. Fantastic photo log. I really liked many of the coastal scenery, and the floral (7th to last) is really nice. The Pacific NW is very photogenic and your FZ47 did well!!

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:22 AM   #3

Really beautiful series Outoffline!! Good job indeed.
DMC-FZ150 & Hoya HD UV Filter + DMC-FZ45 & Hoya HMC UV(C) Filter - Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) - Benro A-197EX + HD-18 & Manfrotto MKC3-H01 Tripods & MMC3-02 + 234RC Monopod
catalex54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:41 AM   #4

The scenery is really amazing, I love these rocky coastlines with old buildings. I hope I can get to visit one at some point. I also like the presentation, thanks for sharing
Picasa album for closer look https://picasaweb.google.com/geoper2...6r8Pnh5qjyiwE#
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:20 AM   #5

excellent set of interesting images
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:00 AM   #6

Great series, enjoyed viewing. Looks like you had a great trip.

I would love to see the Redwoods.

Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:16 AM   #7

Excellent collection of images. You've documented your trip very nicely! I found the redwood shots a bit over saturated (greens and browns) and some could benefit from some HDR PP'ing to bring out the shadows. But, they are just as nice as they are.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:24 PM   #8

Thanks everyone, it was a nice trip. We really set out to visit our son at Ft Lewis just below Tacoma seeing how he is shipping out to Afghanistan next month but decided to take the scenic route home. The wife doesn't get or appreciate my photography hobby much so it's always a struggle to spend the time I would like shooting so I usually get what shots I can get. It was slightly raining in the Redwoods which brought out the reds and really made the greens seem luminescent, I did not add any color saturation in those shots but I did have to lower the Midtones which does bring the colors out to play but I think they represent fairly well what we saw that day!
My wife called the shots on visiting Alcatraz, I was not so big on the visit but after I got out there and got shooting it turned into one of my favorite locations with the shots I was able to get (Dock, old buildings as well as flowers and Gulls)!
I simply got lucky on the Lighthouse sunset photos shot at Crescent City at the boarder of Oregon and California. The view as right out in back of our hotel on the dock where there was also a bunch of Sea Lions hanging out sleeping. We had just ate at the restaurant on the dock when the sun was on it's way down and the sky turned that beautiful red color ( I may have over exaggerated the colors a little bit on those, but I think we are all guilty of helping a sunset out a bit here and there)!
outofline99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:36 AM   #9

Yes, some great shots in that bunch, must have done a lot of stopping and starting on that trip!
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote