Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:00 AM   #1
Default FZ35 video of hummingbirds

95˚ out, standing in a sun porch with one window open about 4-5 inches, and holding still as long as I can with the camera in front of my face, and occasionally wiping the sweat away from my brow; eventually a hummer or two will stop by for a sweet drink.

I combined two short video clips. The first segment is two female ruby throated hummingbirds vying for position; one hesitates to take a drink because a honey bee has taken a slot on the feeder. The short 2nd segment is a female being buzzed by a male. I've seen this a lot at feeders - the male doesn't like the female to take too long at the feeder and chases it off. I only caught the last few seconds of that; if you turn the volume up you can hear some scolding? by the male or female.

My FZ35 zoom is getting sticky - any advice on what to use to help that out?

Anyhow, here's the link to high def video, so a larger file, might take a bit to load, and if you're on a pc you might need quicktime for windows to view.

Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.

Last edited by Franko170; Jul 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:19 AM   #2

Originally Posted by Franko170 View Post
My FZ35 zoom is getting sticky - any advice on what to use to help that out?
Nice video, I get a few at my feeder.

Some people have said that gently using dental floss will help with a sticky zoom. Never have tried it myself.

Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote