Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:17 PM   #21
Default I agree with JohnG

When it comes to sports shooting I will agree with JohnG. The comment of any of those shots being worthy of "Sports Illustrated" is a bit generous.
Bridge cameras have come a long way but have an even longer way in closing the gap in what Sports Photographers use for a living.
I also, agree with tighter cropping for action than a broader view of the sports venue. Capturing the eyes and face says more about the action (my opinion). I just don't care for sports shot like a landscape.
Though this is a Panasonic forum, I feel the illustration being made to make the point of the differences (matter of opinion) of what shots do make it in "Sports Illustrated". The ones posted would never make that cut. The shots otherwise are better than they used to be with older bridge cameras.
The tone used here has changed a bit from when I started back in July 2004 with my first Panasonic (LC40s). I was a frequent poster here at one time and I enjoyed whatever was shared and it didn't matter what camera was used. I don't know of any rule that has been stated that it is only brand specific for posting in.

Last edited by vIZnquest; Oct 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote