Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Default From a daily walk with Misti the cat..

A splash of colour on a freezing cold day...

Keeping a lookout...

Worried ? Just chew on a twig !

It was snowing a bit on our walk today, so I left my camera at home. A silly thing to do, as half way through our walk, I saw a buzzard patiently sitting on a branch not far ahead of us !

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:26 PM   #2

I love the 2nd shot of Misti! You take you cat on a walk often?

That is so true about not having your camera when a great opportunity comes up. Never fails.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:23 PM   #3

Quote:
saly:- I love the 2nd shot of Misti! You take you cat on a walk often?
Thank you Saly
Daily when possible, unless the weather is bad !
We have a grass track that runs past our garden and up to a field. Most afternoons she starts miaowing at me, I ask if she wants to go for a walk, and she runs to the door and waits for me to get my shoes on, once the door is opened, she runs over to the track and waits for me to catch up, then we head up the track examining bushes and mysterious holes in the ground.
On the way back home, she crouches down, lets me pass her, then when I am further down the track, she suddenly comes charging past, and then repeats the game. Sometimes the game changes and she hides in the grass beside the track, jumping out at me when I least expect it. Occasionally we take her on a lead to the local forest, but this isn't very successful as she's not fond of the lead or being in the car.

These walks originate from a hyperactive kitten that we had a few years ago, and every afternoon we took him for a walk in the forest (which he loved). A 3 or 4 mile walk would ensure that he was crashed out on the sofa all evening and we would have a few hours of peace and quiet !

Quote:
That is so true about not having your camera when a great opportunity comes up. Never fails.
Murphy's Law !

"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals, I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" (A. Whitney Brown)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:17 AM   #4

I prefer the second shot, but both are keepers, they are very intelligent animals. and you are a good photographer.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:20 PM   #5

Quote:
I prefer the second shot, but both are keepers, they are very intelligent animals. and you are a good photographer.
I totally agree, they are very intelligent, in their own individual ways. I have had 5 cats during my life and each one has had his/her own unique character. I find cats fascinating. The hyper kitten was the most mechanically minded, at 4 months he had figured out how to operate a door handle to open a door and turn on the tap at the kitchen sink, that was a constant worry as our water is metered and not cheap !

Thank you for that last comment, it was very kind, it made my day
I am not sure that I would agree with you though!
I have learnt quite a bit since I found Steve's forums a few weeks ago. Before I just snapped pictures of moments and scenes I wanted to keep. Now I am finding I am beginning to look for different ways to capture a scene.

Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
Thank you Saly
Daily when possible, unless the weather is bad !
We have a grass track that runs past our garden and up to a field. Most afternoons she starts miaowing at me, I ask if she wants to go for a walk, and she runs to the door and waits for me to get my shoes on, once the door is opened, she runs over to the track and waits for me to catch up, then we head up the track examining bushes and mysterious holes in the ground.
On the way back home, she crouches down, lets me pass her, then when I am further down the track, she suddenly comes charging past, and then repeats the game. Sometimes the game changes and she hides in the grass beside the track, jumping out at me when I least expect it. Occasionally we take her on a lead to the local forest, but this isn't very successful as she's not fond of the lead or being in the car.

These walks originate from a hyperactive kitten that we had a few years ago, and every afternoon we took him for a walk in the forest (which he loved). A 3 or 4 mile walk would ensure that he was crashed out on the sofa all evening and we would have a few hours of peace and quiet !
I love this story. What a sweet cat she must be. Mine likes to follow me around the house like a puppy too (pawing at my feet along the way) but we don't let him out. Too much traffic on the street and coyotes in the hills.

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote