Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Default Typical quality for a ZS25 shot

I bought this camera for my wife as she needed a new one and doesn't share my love of DSLRs or super zooms. I had hoped the reach would make it versatile but the quality of the shots is so poor neither of us is happy. Here's a crop of a test shot I did. Personally I consider it useless, the quality looks bad even at 50%. Is this the best it can do, or did I get a lemon as it seems to have issues with focus as well? Thanks for any and all help.

Attached Images
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:53 AM   #2

Difficult to tell with just one photo, without knowing the actual conditions and EXIF. I can take worse photos, all digicams perform poorly in underlight environs. If you are sure there is a focus issue with the camera (sometimes we don't take enough time to learn or adjust to a new camera), then surely it is not worth having - return it. Before that, I would suggest testing it outside home - say, scenery in good lighting with people on whom you can test the focus too.
My Flickr My Blog

Last edited by Raghu; Jan 7, 2014 at 12:55 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote