Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2004, 9:21 AM   #1
Default Angled KCD viewfinder/Hood?

I am trying to find some type of lcd hood or add on viewfinder that can be attached to the lcd screen and angled so I can hold my FZ 10 low or to the side without laying on the ground. Any idea's
Thanks for any help
jtwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:32 PM   #2
Default Angled LCD viewfinder/hood

Your best bet is to get a "right angle" lens ... sometimes called a spy lens ... which is simply a tube that looks like a lens, with a glass in the front but a right-angle mirror and an opening just behind it so that when you attach it to your lens, you point one way but are viewing and taking a picture at a right angle.
Now you have to figure out how to mount this to your camera.

I had one years ago and I belive used a T-mount. I used it to photograph flowers at ground level just by pointing the camera down.

To construct an item like this for the larger LCD would require a Z-shaped mirror so as to reverse the image and turn it right-side up. This plus a "box" to fit it in woult get to be rather bulk. If you don't mind viewing the image upside down, you might try making a cardboard box and fitting it with a woman's pocketbook mirror and using velcro strips for attaching to the camera.
Stratis13 is offline   Reply With Quote