Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 11, 2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Default FZ70 Question

This is for FZ70 users. Thinking about getting one and just wondering what kind of IQ I could expect with full optical AND digital zoom at the same time. Good enough for 5x7 maybe?

Last edited by bigirons; May 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM.
bigirons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2

OH MY , YESSSSSssss !!!! 5x7....probably be great at 16x20 if not bigger. Digital vs optical, ummm don't use the digital zoom.
I bought a new fz70 ....loved it for the most part, but mine had a focusing problem at full zoom .....it would not lock on and be consistent on it's focus no matter what I tried.
Size of the camera was big but I didn't mind as it felt secure . Wide angle was fantastic.....zoom was great if u had a steady hand or tripod and a good shutter speed. Battery life was fantastic.....video was fantastic too. Low light was not a problem for me.
Alot has been said about the lens not being "GLASS" and not being up to LEICA standards.....thats bull .....it's a top of the line camera/lens in my books and I'm picky as all get out.
If it wasn't for the focusing problem on mine , I'd still have it.
BOB7255KHZ is offline   Reply With Quote