Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:01 PM   #1
Default Pansonic Problem

I have had a Pansonic Lumix DMC-LX5 for a number of years now (I forgot how many) and it's been a good friend to me. It was working very well until last week when all of a sudden what seemed like a white gauze was thrown over the subject on the display and on the photograph. I turned it off, took out the battery and the memory stick, turned it back on: the same. I tried to go on the help at Amazon. They suggested I reset the camera. I went to the menu found a reset button and got RESET REC. SETTINGS? I clicked YES. The it asked me RESET SETUP PARAMETERS? I clicked YES. But nothing changed. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please. The film aspect of the camera (which I hardly ever use) seems to be working. I can see the display normally. The battery seems to be fully charged. I seem to have tried just about everything so I am stuck. HELP!
James C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:01 PM   #2

Post a shot that shows the problem.
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:54 PM   #3

Did you try formatting the SD card "in-camera"?
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:48 AM   #4

Ok i cant seem to understand the details of your problem so correct me if i am wrong. The photograph is coming out white, but the view finder and the screen are fine because you can preview previous photos on them? But on new photos you can see only a white image and nothing else?

If you did the reset as you say and nothing changed i believe that it must be a faulty sensor. Did you keep it under extreme conditions (cold or heat)? If the gauze that you mention is just a little then it might be dust on your sensor or inside the lens which is rare but it happens. Show us an example of the problem, it may help us understand better.
Picasa album for closer look https://picasaweb.google.com/geoper2...6r8Pnh5qjyiwE#
geoper2 is offline   Reply With Quote