Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Default looking for a small digicam with AA batteries

found this nice forum by luck, allready read the review on the panasonic Lz10. Not shure what to do ? I'm not a profi and way under amateur, but those digicams help to make good photos without much thinking about it Just want to have some photos from what I make outdoors in Scandinavia, AK and Canada on canoerips to the wilderness. some short 1-3 minute videos

My first digicam was a Pentax Optio S and I really was impressed, than I had a Samsung Digimax S600, which impressed me even more, the Samsung D860 under 70 $ right now was bought after my son crashed the LCD of the S600. What would you recommend ?

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible. up to 150 $

* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you? compact digicam - AA - Batterie is a must have !!!!!

How many megapixels will suffice for you? 8-10
* What optical zoom will you need? up to 5

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10) 8

Do you care for manual controls? not really

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for? out in the woods, camping outdoors, canoe, snapshots, low light, short videos, youtube for example, wildlife sometimes

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? not photobooks A4 A5

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? yes arround campfire for example

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? no

Are there particular brands you like or hate? I right now I have a Samsung D860, and would like to upgrade a bit

Are there particular models you already have in mind? Lz10 panasonic red ey problem ist not that critical

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? Wide Angle >> not bad, Image Stabilization >> yes

AA - Batterie is a must have !!!!! since I use it in cold weather out in the bush for weeks without civilisation
Kremez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links