Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:33 AM   #1
Default Panasonic FH20 Hands

It's been a few years since I played with a Panasonic. Back then, I personally felt that there was a risk in purchasing (or recommending for purchase) any camera made by a manufacturer that didn't begin with C or N. Brands like Panasonic made excellent cameras too, but they tended to be hit-or-miss. When in doubt, I always knew I could turn to a Powershot and expect a solid level of performance, and I still think this today. A Powershot may not always be perfect, but it'll get the major things right.

Having said that, I've always had a soft spot for Panasonics. With perhaps an exception here and there, Panasonics have been consistently fast and intelligently designed, and most importantly, they tend to produce really great images, with a special strength when it comes to performing in low light.

I'm thrilled to report that even a few years since my last Panasonic, the new Lumix DMC-FH20 model lives up to my expectations -- and then some. I'm less thrilled to report that I'm kind of regretting my recent purchase of a Canon as my new "everyday" pocket camera after having tested this. There's nothing wrong with my Powershot. It's a great little performer. But dang, I had fun with the FH20. I loved this camera.

cacatpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links