Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 27, 2015, 5:36 PM   #1
Default some thoughts on the FZ1000

Ok, I've just come back from a week in Switzerland with the Fz1000, I left my Nikon D5100 at home.
Was I impressed with the fz1k ,very much so, in fact I'm probably going to sell my Nikon.What I liked was how good the EVF is, I wear glasses and the v f is so bright and clear I can see all the info as well as the effect any changes I make at the time before I take the shot, ie if I + a third of a stop I can see how much more exposure I'm getting, also I review the shot in the EVF so I dont have to look at the pull out lcd panel , in fact I didn't use the lcd half as much .Something things that niggled were , I turn the VR off accidently a few times in getting the camera out of my holster bag,once I realised it was happening I was more careful, secondly the four way pad is easy to knock with your thumb ,changing the white balance, the EVF made this noticeable fortunately.I now place my thumb differently and have modified my bag.
The results I got are amazing straight out of the camera , I took over 500 shots plus some videos, I'm still going through them and I won't need to do much editing I'm thinking.
If you are thinking of getting the fz1k go for it, you wont be dissappointed. I've got the fz200 plus the Nikon d5100 and if I could only keep one camera it would be my fz1000 it's definately the best camera I've ever owned.
I post some of my shots as soon as theyre sorted.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2015, 8:23 PM   #2

Excellent thoughts Deadshot.
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome and appreciated.
jjdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote