Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2004, 9:41 PM   #1
Default Does your FZ-1 heat up after 15-20 minutes?

Hello there,

I just got a FZ-1 from RitzCamera. The area around the speaker warms up / heats up after 15-20 minutes of usage. (single shots + burst shots) Is this normal? After it reach a certain temperature, the heat level remains.

My FZ-1 is Ver 1.03:0104, FZ1:00B4, OSI Ver 1.00:100B. It has not been upgraded yet.

I left the camera to do slideshow on EVF with power-saving off. The area above the speaker is slightly warm after 15 minutes. I checked the SD card(normal Sandisk 256MB), and it's slightly warm too, but the battery isn't.

I had a Canon A70 before, and it never warms up even after taking 150+ pictures. Please help me out as I only have 7 days left to exchange/refund the unit.

f22b1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2004, 7:06 AM   #2

I've had my FZ1 since March/April '03 (Wow! It's been a year already!) and I just noticed this the other day.

I had the camera doing some burst shots, I also had the camera in panning mode and also was doing a few shots with continous auto-focus. But then when I went back to standard settings it apparantly cooled off.

PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:05 AM   #3

Guys, that's perfectly normal. All of the camera manuals I've seen state that you may notice the camera get warm in use. What you're probably feeling is the battery getting warm.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote