Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2016, 3:31 PM   #1
Default Battery Drain Problems

Folks i have been having battery drain problems with my FZ300, it has if i am right - the same battery as the FZ200?

I have been through the manual and have all of the power save settings sellected and just use the viewfinder, i also keep the lens on the fixed zoom setting to avoid it constantly opening and closing during sleep mode, i have the rear screen turned off and do not review the pics on the screen.
Despite having the cam at its most economical settings i am only getting about 80 RAW pictures with every Full Charge of the battery(shown on the charger where the green light has gone out - and in the cam with the 3 full bars of batt charge)
I left the camer today switched on but i assumed it was in sleep mode, and within about 4 hours of none use the battery had discharged itself and the camera died.

Is this normal behaviour of a Brand New - 2 weeks old from new with cam - genuine Lumix battery?

Paganman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:05 AM   #2

From what you wrote, I think there is definitely a problem. It is entirely possible to have a defective battery on a new camera. is it within the return period? If so, I would talk to the store you purchased it from. If you had a spare battery, you could test it to see if it was the battery or the camera. I have a Canon SX40HS for about two years now. It has a 7.4 volt 930 mAh battery, and I bought a spare, which I have never used. I can shoot for a couple of days on a single charge, usually at motorcycle events. What you are experiencing is anything but normal, in my opinion.
Always use tasteful words - you may have to eat them.
You cannot find knowledge by rearranging your ignorance.

My Flickr

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote