Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:36 PM   #1
Default Flash photos: help!

I have a Panasonic FZ1 w/ firmware upgrade.
I've looked through all the topics and I may have missed this, but when I take indoor flash photos I always seem to end up with a yellow-orange color over the whole picture. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any setting for incandescent/tungsten lighting. Can anyone give me some idea as to what setting they use to get clear, real-life/real color pictures with flash? Thanks in advance.

garthmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2004, 8:43 PM   #2

Garth... the light balance should be set to Daylight when using flash. Electronic flash units provide light which is very close to the daylight balance point of the camera, and this combination -- flash and daylight setting-- will produce pictures with the appropriate color balance.

It is also possible that the camera is set properly, but that the available light is simply overpowering the flash and creating the off-color appearance.

Also be sure there are no color balance manual adjustments set on the camera... I've got the FZ10 which allows color modifications... don't know if your FZ1 does the same.

Good luck...

Bob J
nj10user is offline   Reply With Quote