Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2004, 3:33 AM   #1
Default Use 6 AA batteries to power your FZ1??

Have am FZ1, was wondering if anyon had experience with using an external battery pack. Anyone know if this :
will work with it? It allows you to use 6 AA batteries for power and its only about 10 bux. Much cheaper than other external power packs.
cbarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:10 AM   #2

I cannot see where you're located (USA or ?), but you'd do better buying the exact same battery holder from Radio Shack. That's not a BAD price at $8.99, but the "leather" case is worthless because it covers up the entire back of the camera (ie, the LCD/EVF/buttons/etc.). I'm not even sure if the case would fit on the FZ1. Also, what size power plug comes with it, because that might not fit the FZ1's socket.

My local Radio Shack has this same battery holder for sale for about $1.99, and plug to fit the FZ1 socket for $0.99. You can also buy a completely enclosed battery holder that you could clip to your belt and just attach a longer cord to connect to your FZ1.

I thought long and hard about external battery packs or creating my own AA battery pack, but in the end it just seems easier, more convenient, and even more economical (not to mention nicer looking) to just buy a non-OEM extra battery for the FZ1. I picked one up from an Eagle Imports auction on Ebay for about $18. No wires, no bulky case, easy to carry around, etc.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote