Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 19, 2004, 2:57 PM   #1
Default FZ10 Lens Hood

How important is it to use the lens hood? Can I get away with leaving it at home when I travel to Europe?
denlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2004, 7:14 PM   #2

Depends on a couple of things:

1. Do you take pictures where you could have lens flare?

2. Do you use any filters (UV, Polarizer, etc.) or any other lens attachments (teleconverters, wide angle, etc.).?

That should tell you whether or not you can do without it.

If you're going to Europe, you'll probably be taking your charger and cables with you, right? Does the hood take up that much room that you couldn't throw it all in the same bag? (I have an FZ1 which has a different hood/lens adapter)
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:31 PM   #3

Better safe than sorry. Personnally I would take it because you will probably be doing a decent amount of outdoor shots, and lens flare can really mess up an otherwise great shot. I personnally keep my lens hood on almost all the time, only taking it off for macro shots, or when I am using the built-in flash.

A very cheap carring case which holds the Lens hold while it is attached to the camera can be found here. Only $4.95 shipped, I order two, got them the next day with their free shipping. It doesn't have a very easy space for extra battery or memory card. But you can squeeze it in usually.

Anyway, unless you really need to pack light, take the lens hood along just in case...
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote