Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:07 AM   #1
Default FZ10 - Please Help on FLASH query

Brought recently FZ10. Need a help now.

The flash will not automatically open up and pop-up light in dark situations ( I have Canon EOS 300 where the flash will open up automatically depending on whether is dark and pops light).

In this camera I need to open the flash explicitly first and then only it pops up light.

It will not open up and pop up even in the dark or wholly dark condition.

Is it like this only or is it a defect.

Please advise. :?:

(In the Night portrait mode, camera displays open the Flash message.This will not open the flash automatically).
eeshabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:29 AM   #2

It is performing the way it was designed to perform. You must manually make the flash pop up.
denlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:30 AM   #3

I wouldn't call that a defect. In fact, I'd call it wonderful because it affords me the option of whether or not to use the flash. It would be annoying if I wanted to shoot an underexposure and the flash kept popping up. Well, I guess I could just turn it off but I'd rather have the option myself.

I can't recall off hand but it seems that my Rebel, in Manual mode or any of the creative modes, won't pop up unless I press the button. Mine is off for calibration so I can't check it out personally at the moment. Doesn't this Rebel "pop" up happen "only" in the preset modes?

In any event, if I had only one choice, pop up auto or not, I'd choose "not." I wouldn't call that a deficiency.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:56 AM   #4

Have to admit, this is the first time I've ever heard of a camera having an automatic flash pop-up. Frankly, I wouldn't want it, having an indicator that flash is recommended is enough for me.
YenRug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:43 AM   #5
Default about PANA FZ10 's flash

It "MUST HAVE TO" pop up the flash by your self.
I think it was good point that flash will not active when we don't want to (Such as some place that flsah is not allow) . But bad point is when we want but we forget to pop it up.....we lost that pic, . So.... If u want it to activate autometic when go to low light condition , But not activate when u r in outdoor or very bright condition......
POP IT UP & set flash mode to " AUTO" and If u always take photo of people set it to " AUTO Slow sync./Red-eye reduction "

For more detail.See it's manual PAGE 38
gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:10 AM   #6

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and now I'm joining in...

Your FZ10 is operating normally. The flash only operates when it is manually released.

Panasonic did a lot of things right on the FZ10, and this is one of them. I was horrified when I tested a Canon Powershot Pro1 and the flash jumped up automatically, shaking the camera, surprising me, and ruining the shot. I never want that to happen, so the FZ10 suits me just fine.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote