Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:15 AM   #1
Default Great case for the FZ10!

I just wanted to pass along some info. on a case I found for the FZ10. It's the Lowepro TLZ Mini. It's one of those type that holds the camera lens down. It fits perfectly even with the hood on the lens. It has a front zippered pouch to hold batteries, etc. and it also has a zippered pocket on the inside top portion of the case to hold memory cards, etc. The case has a top handle and an adjustable shoulder strap as well as a belt loop to wear it around your waist. A purchased mine at a Ritz camera store for $19.95. I haven't checked, but it can probably be seen at www.lowepro.com.
mmdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2004, 3:05 PM   #2

Hey good suggestion, I really like the lowepro designs and quality.

Personally I went with a slightly larger model, the EX 160.

It allows me to fit the FZ10 in the middle compartment without the lenshood, and my external flash, batteries and lens hood in the other compartments. It also has other little zippered and mesh pockets for memory and spare batteries or even filters..
Jacques321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 8:13 PM   #3

I have a TLZ Mini also. It really is a nice case for the FZ10. With a little effort, I'm able to squeeze my FZ10 into the case with a Yoshida 1055B and a Canon TL-55 attached. A much more compact solution to my Drebel.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 5:46 PM   #4

Initially i purchased what i thought was a tight fitting op/tech neoprene cover.. no straps supplied !
top pic D-SLR size "C" = FZ10 +PD62 +inch of space -stretchy tho
btw size "D" is just a deeper ver.. for battery pack ..
and these only have 2 stud connectors on flap

The D-SLR case is slightly over sized all round as it turned out, so i cut a soft moulded style plastic base +one side ..snug fit but base is thick enough to have spare battery in space under camra body and slots for data cards etc.. i always use a (optech gotcha) wrist strap and qik release lug clips for pana neck strap..

case came with a nylon strip inside with v tight rubber ring grip for around the lens, i added velcro so it detaches if nec...

Looks like i may need that LOWEPRO TLZ Mini or Tamrac case for my bike trips when the TL55 shows up.. so Thnx for info..
may cannibalise the optech to take TL55 tho.. umm dunno !
velcro rulez

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote