Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 6, 2004, 10:07 PM   #1

FZ10 with Panasonic 1.5 teleconverter full optical (no digital zoom)

All of the following shots were taken at full optical zoom (18x), on monopod with ball head.

Shots were all doneat ISO 50 with a 1/200 or faster shutter, and most were composed within an F4 to F8 aperture range, the more"landscape" duck shots at F8. I have personallynot experienced great success with the "digital" zoom on this lens, nor on the FZ10 itself, nor on any other camera I've used, so I would suggest that "digital" zoom be avoided ifone wishesto produce a reasonably decent shot. I wasted one full evening of shootingentirely inthe digital zoom range, and missed a great shot at a pelican. Today I avoided it completely and the results were much more acceptable to me personally.

It's my opinion thatISO speeds above 50 should be avoided if at all possible in order to allow this camera to demonstrate it's most worthy potential. Shots in this postingwere reduced substantially in size for a quick viewing. Some were cropped tooffer a better view ofoverall appearance without making the file too large to bear for those of us with slow connections.

Crop of shot below

Full shot at full 18x zoom (optical)

Same bird cropped from another shot (still full optical)

3 subjects (across the pond, full optical)

More activity from across the pond (full optical)

Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links