Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 10, 2004, 9:04 PM   #1

Just got a FZ10K and am going to get that cool Yoshida lens adaptors.

Would like to get a couple of filters, a circular filter and either a UV or a Skylight filter also.

However, which brand? I've looked at Hoyas, and others. Even Sunpak makes some ... was wondering which brand do you use and do you recommend that brand. Thanks.
ninja0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2004, 1:19 AM   #2

I simply bought the cheapest namebrand that I recognized (Hoya) for both my UV and polarizer filter. My infrared filter turned out to also be a Hoya because they're they only ones who commonlyoffer a R72 (or equivilent) IR filter.

You can definitely spend the big $ on a filter if you would prefer. Even Hoya makes a better elite line with multi-coatings, etc., etc. I'm happy with my lower end Hoya filters, since they do not distort or otherwise adversely affect the end-product.

You're smart for getting the Yoshida adapter instead of using the much larger diameter hood that comes with the FZ10 -- you could easily spend half the price of a FZ10 on the two filters at the higher diameter size.

EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote