Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 22, 2004, 5:15 PM   #1

There is an SD card on sale on Amazon.com. It is featured on the SlickDeals.net home page as $37 after a $20 rebate. Here are the links:

There is a discrepancy on the rebate between the two sites, but the printable rebate form is a $20 rebate for a 256MB Vikibg card. I don't know anything about the Viking cards, perhaps others here have some experience.

thayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2004, 12:15 PM   #2

Hi Tim,

I have a viking sd card (256 mb) and i can tell you it's the slowest sd card around, if you want to use the FZ10's burst mode you dont want this card, get a pana or simpletech pro card, there the best.

marko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2004, 1:48 PM   #3

I 2nd the recommendation for a Panasonic or SimpleTech (made by Panasonic) card. According to my research, the 256MB and larger Panasonic-made cards are the fastest (10 MB/sec) and most reliable available.

You can get a great deal on a 256MB SimpleTech ProX SD card from here:

Only $51.75 + $1.50 S&H. I just orderd one and received it a few days later with no hassles. That is the best deal I could find on a Panasonic-made card from a reliable vendor.

Now if I could just find a cheap source for a 512MB Panasonic card... :sad:
BB is offline   Reply With Quote