Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:51 AM   #1

I just got my camera back from the service center, as in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/... .../read.asp?forum=1033&message=8961973

The lens is fine now, just like new, but another problem arose. Since I got the camera back, the menus no longer have a memory. I have to set everything when I turn the camera on each time, except the clock. If there are no pictures on the card, the numbers get reset as well.

Its as if the reset menu options and reset numbers option are being triggered every time the camera is powered on (or off)

I'm almost positive that is something wrong with the programming in the camera, sine the clock stays.

Any ideas how to make the camera remember its settings? I already called the service center and they said to send it back to them and they'll take care of any shippiong charges, but I'm going away later this week and don't have time to wait for the camera to get back. I can just use it like this except its fairly annoying to set everything multple times.
Maybe if I flashed the firmware it would fix?
polishpunk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:51 AM   #2

suspect the fz10 has an internal battery that was disconnected during the repair and not reconnected. maybe panasonic bob can confirm. would be curious to know if there is an internal battery and is it user replaceable.

jimboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:01 AM   #3

It has an internal battery if it is like the FZ-1.

dl6hbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:08 AM   #4

On a different post (sorry - don't remember where or what the topic was) someone has confirmed that there is a "hearing-aid" type battery inside. (I think there was accident that bared the inards.) But if it requires case dis-assembly I doubt that it's designed as "user" replaceable.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote