Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:09 PM   #1

Well I know the FZ1 (v2 FZ2 upgraded) is for ZOOOOOM shots mostly but I have been playing at home before I really take it outside for a spin. I am a newbie so I do have questions.

I was only able to capture this using burst at 1/50 shutter speed at ISO 100 I believe. But I had to use the flash and it caused this bluish haze rather than the real image of the bathroom which did in a weird way make the photo cooler in my eyes but I do wish I had captured the reality. Perhaps its my white balance? Any thoughts on how I can capture water droplets in action a bit closer etc. I did not use a tripod.

I am looking for any critiques or comments on things to try on my next attempts at the photo to improve it.

Attached Images
flashescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:54 PM   #2

You can use a side-light without the flash and do a manual WB.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:40 PM   #3

The drip is too low and into the white porcelain background. You need to capture the drip with the camera at the same level as the drip against the stainless steel faucet background. Try a kitchen sink where you have more room to work with. If the sink itself is stainless steel use that for the background. Clean things ahead of time so you get a nice surface. Prefocus lock to the distance of the drip. Use burst mode and pray.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote