Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:13 PM   #11

Kingston 256mb sd $27 at ecost.com. Probably not as fast but the price is nice.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 9:50 AM   #12

NewEgg (a store I've been quite satisfied with) has the Transcend 45x 512MB card for $99. This is the same card Steve uses, so I suppose it's a good one to grab. 45x works out to 7.7MB/Sec read and more significantly 6.8MB/sec write. Not quite Panasonic's 10MB/sec, but $99 for 512MB is a steal:

mammothboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:12 PM   #13

thanks everybody, so far i've researched all links provided, i've narrowed my decision to 512mb minimum and must be 45x minimum i will look at the transcend 45x tonight and convert it to Canadian price and see what is good, i am seriously looking at the sandisk 512 ultra II, it says 9mb wirte and 10mb read, almost the same as panasonic, US mail in rebates don't help me, but i am still willing to buy one in the US and ship it to my buddy's house in michigan if it's all good.

So Steve use's transcend, that is good to know, Sandisk Ultra II anybody have comments, panasonic is too costly i think or i would get it...

Belz is offline   Reply With Quote