Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 9, 2004, 5:20 AM   #1

Headed down to Phuket for a few days. Used the sleeve of a cheap plastic raincoat and a couple of rubber bands to protect the camera while sea-canoeing.(The biggest annoyance was having to keep cleaning the spray off the filter.:lol.

The pace of the holiday, as well as my lack of expertise) meant the vast majority of shots were taken in full auto. Very bright sunshine often made for some big metering challenges.

Overall, my experience led me to the conclusion that the FZ10 is not a quick point & shooter, especially in awkward conditions. I'm looking forward to learning a bit more about it, while I did get some perfectly keepable images in full auto.

I think if you want absolute convenience, a few extra bucks for a Coolpix or Powershot might be the way to go. As for me, I'm well pleased with the FZ10. I know pretty much what's wrong with the pics that didn't come out well, and I'm planning to up my percentage of keepers through getting to know the camera better.

Here's a sample - Kata Noi beach. I'll post a few more later.

eos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links