Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:11 AM   #1

Hi guys!

I´ve readen a lot of reviews and articles about DMC-FZ10. I´m really thinking on going to it. But somethings are going to worried me about it.

First of them, is about the DMC-FZ10´ battery. I don´t know, but it seems to me that is "something to not trust"

Second, is the body´s quality. Also, and is just my impression, it seems like a very nice camera with apro design, but the buttons and thecamera´s back are a kind of cheapplastic.

Could you guys tell me about it?...and please, tell me that i´m wrong

Tks, Ghiggi.
Ghiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:14 AM   #2

What worries you about the battery?

I love it compared to AA NiMH ones I have had to use in other cameras.

The only issue is the cost of proprietary batteries of course.
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 2:59 PM   #3

While I would have preferred AA batteries, the proprietary battery is not too bad...if you can still find a replacement in years to come. The body is plastic but it does have a solid feel, so no complaints there. You may want to wait a few weeks to see what the new Panasonic cameras are like.
Guerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:19 AM   #4

You're wrong Ghiggi It's definitely not "cheap plastic." The camera is extremely well built and very solid (at least compared to others that I've seen). As for the battery, the 2 that I have are holding up very nicely and I now favour them heavily over AAs.

However, as Guerito said, it may be best to see what Panasonic has coming up before making a purchase decision.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:20 PM   #5

I second that !!! I love my FZ10 . But if your that worried about it, you might want to stick to the desposeable cameras. just kidding. there is nothing to worry about on the FZ10. just make sure you buy from a company like vanns,b&H,ect. not these fly by night folks that has a 599.99 camera for 400 bucks. cause if it sounds to good to be true. it is more than likely not....
florida1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 2:12 PM   #6

I got my for 511 at butterflyphoto.com, just make sure to call them often, they have problems charging some credit cards.
memberkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 3:02 PM   #7

I got mine from Vann's for $499. delivery included. Ordered it on a Fri. and they said it would be delivered on Wed. and it was.

I was worried about the proprietary battery also, but have come to see it's just not a big deal. I go back and forth between the EVF and the LCD and automatically keep extra sets in my camera bag(but I did that with the AA batteries too and these are smaller and alot lighter. In 10 years will this battery still be made? I don't know but I'm sure the camera will be so outdated few people will be using them.

I ordered a c-750 in Jan and sent it back. I wasn't happy at all, so naturally I was leary about getting a fluzie but this camera has made a believer out of me. I love it, it's easy to use and I keep my old c-5050 (purchased Jan. 2004) as a back up.

ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote